- This event has passed.
Transferring Ownership of Your Law Firm to the Next Generation
November 7, 2018 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$5,500
Transferring Ownership of Your Law Firm
to the Next Generation.
Are you imagining a life beyond law but wondering how to get there?
Join us on November 7, as succession planning experts help you develop a plan to transfer ownership of your firm to a new generation. Learn the value of your law practice and participate in a hands-on workshop where you will develop a succession plan for your law firm as you consider how to transition leadership, clients and management responsibilities.
This is a real-time, real case training using your structure, financials and information for analysis throughout. Be prepared to work and develop your personal succession plan. At the end, you will have a clear understanding of the succession process and how to implement your developed transition plan. You will leave with the following:
- Valuation of your law firm
- Transition readiness assessment for you, your firm and your potential successors
- Specific review and financial report with suggested ownership transfer options for the needs and goals of you, your firm and successors
- How to qualify, communicate and negotiate with successors
- Roadmap/action plan for implementation of your succession plan
Through our intensive training, you will get answers to questions like:
- How do I determine financial and professional transition goals and needs?
- What is the value of my firm?
- What succession options may work to preserve that value and allow transfer to the next generation?
- How do I communicate with successors about buying-in and taking over?
- Can I really develop a win-win client and firm transition plan?
- What is the process to implement a succession plan?
ABOUT THIS EVENT
- Group format allows exchange of ideas among peers and comfort in discussing succession as a subject.
- The program is $5,500 for early registration (30 days in advance) or $6,500 with regular registration. Please note we may not be able to accommodate registrations the week of the event due to pre-class requirements to develop valuation, succession structures and readiness reports.
HOW DOES THIS COURSE WORK?
In this workshop format you and fellow attorneys will walk through a 6-step law firm succession process.
Prior to the workshop
- Upon registering, you will be asked to compile financial information needed for development of a succession plan
- You will receive a valuation of your law firm, transition structure suggestions specific to your firm’s setup and transition readiness reports for you, your firm and sucessor(s)
Live Group workshop
- Step 1: Discover. Goals and Needs for Your Transition Plan
- Step 2: Understand & Analyze. Succession Planning Elements, Goals and Firm Differences
- Step 3: Prepare. You, Your Firm and Your Successor For Transition
- Step 4: Structure. The Succession Plan
- Step 5: Implement. Your Firm’s Succession and Transition Plan
- Step 6: Adjust. You and Your Firm for What Transition Brings
After The Class
Included in the cost of registration are two one-on-one telephone consultations with a workshop consultant to assist in implementation and decisions post-event.
- 2 week follow up by phone — 1 hour
- 6 week follow up by phone — 30 minutes
Please feel free to call (919) 789-1931 with any questions.
What Our Clients Say !
Erik B.- Buyer
-Bankruptcy Firm Seller LPE#541
-Residential Real Estate Seller LPE#522